What is all the hype about Apple Cider Vinegar also known as ACV? Most people research it because they hear you can lose weight without any other changes to diet or exercise. My aunt did this for a year; she consumed 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar 3 times a day (morning, noon and night) and lost over 50 pounds.
Apple cider vinegar has so many wonderful benefits and we have listed 15 amazing claims below. ACV can restore the body’s PH level which can help prohibit illness in the body. It is important to not have an acidic body and to consume nutritious food to keep your bodies PH alkaline. ACV can also encourage fat reduction, it is a mood enhancer, and it decreases stress and irritability. If you are having a difficult time losing weight then apple cider vinegar is a safe and inexpensive option to experiment with opposed to fad diets, supplements or complicated diet plans.
Organic apple cider vinegar with mother is entirely natural and is a fermented food. I personally love Bragg’s apple cider vinegar. Incorporating fermented foods in your daily meals is essential to a healthy diet because it contains beneficial bacteria “probiotics”. It is produced by smashing bits of apples and consequently pressing them to extract the fluid. Microbes and yeast are combined with the solution to begin the alcoholic fermentation procedure, along with the sugars that were converted into alcohol. In another fermentation procedure, the alcohol is modified into vinegar by acetic acid-forming microorganisms. ACV can be used of in salad dressings, marinades, vinaigrette, food additives, chutneys and many other recipes. Apple Cider vinegar has bountiful healthful benefits and has wide-ranging use from beauty regimens down to illnesses or even weight loss. Keep on reading to discover more ideas about why you should store up on apple cider vinegar and have it readily accessible in your own kitchen or even in your first aid kit.
14 Apple Cider’s Natural Alternatives for Health & Beauty:
- ACV for Weight Loss – The acetic acid in ACV is an appetite suppressant. It increases your metabolism and decreases water retention. Researchers also theorize that apple cider vinegar meddles with the body’s absorption of starch, which presumes lesser calories to the circulatory system. As stated up above, my aunt lost over 50 pounds by consuming ACV three times a day. It sounds like an easy thing to do and you wonder why isn’t everyone doing this for weight loss? But, I did try to do this and it is not as easy as it seems. I figured if I had a bottle at work and at home I would be able to consume it 3 times a day, but I would forget to take it. I do consume apple cider vinegar “almost” every day, but it is normally just one time a day.
- ACV to Reduce Blood Pressure – My husband and my father-in-law both were diagnosed with high blood pressure. Knowing the claims about apple cider vinegar I suggested that they start to take 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day. They started experimenting with taking their blood pressure before consuming ACV and after and it did lower their blood pressure. After experimenting with several alternative health remedies the biggest winner for them was juicing beet roots. If they drank about 3 to 4 ounces of beet juice a day, their blood pressure was reduced substantially and went lower than the normal 120/80. If you research why apple cider vinegar can lower blood pressure you will probably find claims that it is a great natural source of potassium. But, once the apples go through the process of becoming vinegar there is only about 11mg of potassium per tablespoon. Most normal adults need to consume about 5 grams of potassium per day. Potassium is very important to help reduce high blood pressure because it cleans out any excess sodium from your body. Your kidneys control the amount of fluid that is stored in your body. This is done by pulling water from the bloodstream into a channel that leads to the bladder. The process needs the correct amount of sodium and potassium to work in harmony. When you consume too much salt it raised the amount of sodium and disturbs the balance between sodium and potassium. If you are looking to increase your potassium intake you can eat bananas, tomato sauce, sweet potatoes, potatoes, lima beans, white beans, spinach, chard, kale, dried apricots, fish and avocados. Researchers still haven’t discovered how ACV reduces blood pressure, but it does.
- ACV to Control Cholesterol Levels – Research has shown that apple cider vinegar improves the fat or lipid profile of blood by reducing the stages of triglycerides and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol stages (LDL-C) or bad cholesterol stages, and also increases the stages of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol stages (HDL-C) or the good cholesterol. If your cholesterol level is very high, it’s still best to consult your physician first.
- ACV to Control High Blood Sugar or Diabetes – Various explorations and studies have found that apple cider vinegar may help lower glucose levels, simply by taking two tablespoons of AC vinegar before bedtime the study showed that it brought down glucose levels by almost 6% the following morning.
- ACV to Help Control Indigestion – If you struggle with indigestion, you can actually try sipping apple cider vinegar before your meal time. Particularly do this before you plan on indulging in sumptuous dishes which could make you remorseful afterwards. You can also make a habit of having apple cider vinegar; honey and warm water before your meal (see the Apple Cider Vinegar Tea recipe below). It is good practice to try to do this 30 minutes right before you eat. In addition to helping you digest your food better, it actually curbs your appetite. A double whammy!
- ACV to Stop heartburn – Believe it or not, apple cider vinegar stops heartburn better than most remedies. It doesn’t make sense that something that is acidic can stop heartburn, but it does. If you have a stomach ulcer do not use apple cider vinegar (see cautions below). Our neighbor stopped by the house a few months ago and looked like he was in agony. I asked him if he was ok, and he said that he had heartburn and he didn’t have his prescription medication on him. I gave him some apple cider vinegar to get rid of it. He didn’t think it would work, but to humor me he took it. He said that it worked better and faster than his medication does and he was asking me where he could buy Bragg’s apple cider vinegar. He now uses the ACV and does not take his medication.
- ACV to Alleviate an Inflamed Sore Throat –The moment you begin to feel the prickled of an inflamed throat, your first line of defense should be the all-natural germ-busting apple cider vinegar. This will make it easier from the start and help the bacterial contamination fade away. Most of microorganisms cannot tolerate the acidic conditions of vinegar. On another note: Honey has been determined to be an effective cough remedy equal to cough suppressants. Use the Apple Cider Vinegar Tea recipe below and drink it several times during the day. You will experience instant relief of cold symptoms.
- ACV to Remedy a Stuffy Nostril – If you are feeling congested. Try sipping on apple cider vinegar. ACV creates mucus emaciated, along with the acetic acid content that helps contribute greatly in preventing harmful bacteria to grow and that may possibly reinvigorate nasal congestion. Simply drink apple cider vinegar with water and your sinuses should start draining. This treatment can also help alleviate allergy symptoms.
- ACV to become Dandruff-free – The acidity of apple cider vinegar can change the pH level of your scalp that can take away dandruff as a home treatment remedy. In which it is difficult for microorganisms to grow for its anti-bacterial effect. Simply by mixing 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and with 1/4 cup of normal water and apply it or by spraying to your scalp. Wrap your head in a shower towel and purely allow it to remain about for at least 15 minutes for approximately one hour, and then wash your hair as normally. You can apply this more intelligently in twice per week for your hair care advantageous results. Once the dandruff is gone, you can do this once or twice a month to keep it from coming back.
- ACV to Cure and Prevent Acne – Since ACV has an anti-bacterial agent that helps eliminate pimples and the lactic acid helps your skin become supple, exfoliating skin texture, minimizing red spots on your skin and helps stabilize the pH level of your face. You could possibly apply ACV by formulating your own personalized home remedy face toner. Combine half cup of apple cider vinegar and balance it out with half cup of water into your small bottle and mix it perfectly, afterwards swab it to your delicate face with a piece of cotton and do not forget to shake it well ahead of every use.
- ACV to help Bad Breath & Whiten Teeth – Perhaps you may attempt these ideas, practically at-home remedy by making use of the apple cider vinegar to take control of foul breath, just simply rinse your mouth once every morning or you may swallow a teaspoon of ACV diluted with water. This will help eradicate odor causing bacteria and considering that you aspire to have a white teeth; ACV will eliminate stains, whitens your teeth and kill germs around your mouth and gums. Brush as usual immediately after you gargle. Do not do this if you have issues with tooth enamel (see cautions below).
- ACV to Stop Hiccups – Hiccups are an involuntary spasm in the diaphragm which sometimes reoccurs repeatedly for a short while. The reflex triggers contraction of the diaphragm by closure of the vocal cords. If you consume a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar; the sour flavor could certainly prevent your hiccups on their own trails, by over stimulating the nerves in the esophagus accountable for the spasms.
- ACV to Stop the Pain of Sunburns – Apple cider vinegar can take the sting out of sunburns and greatly reduce the soreness. You can create a concoction of 25% ACV and 75% water then very gently rub with a cotton cloth or put in a spray bottle and mist it on your burn. You can also immerse your body into a lukewarm bath with a cup of apple cider vinegar.
- ACV to Make Your Dog Smell Wonderful – Our dogs have always gone to work with my husband. He is an auto mechanic and for some reason we always have light colored dogs. They end up very dirty from being at work. In addition to that our neighbors have horses; he loves to run through the horse fence to play with their dog. He gets very dirty and smelly. I give our current dog “Sprocket” a bath once or twice a week in the summer and a few times a month in the winter. I was noticing that after I bathed him when he was still wet, he smelled like a wet dog “LITERALLY”. I experimented with many different shampoos. Most of the dog shampoos I found were very expensive and did not get rid of the odor completely. I ran across an article about using vinegar to clean your dog. It is amazing. He doesn’t have the wet dog smell anymore and he doesn’t smell like vinegar either. Just a nice smelling dog. I create the shampoo concoction by filling a bottle with ¾ shampoo and ¼ apple cider vinegar then shake. I have used white vinegar as well, but after experimenting I realize I need a stronger mixture. When I use white vinegar I fill a bottle with ½ bottle of shampoo and ½ bottle of white vinegar. I normally buy organic or natural dog shampoo from discount department stores like Burlington Coat Factory or TJ Maxx for less than non organic shampoos at other stores. I can buy good quality shampoos for a couple of dollars, mix with apple cider vinegar and he looks and smells so clean. In addition to him smelling good, the apple cider vinegar will also keep fleas away.
2 Recipes for a Clean Smelling Dog Using Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Mix ¼ Apple Cider Vinegar and ¾ Dog Shampoo, shake shampoo and rinse.
- Mix ½ White Vinegar and ½ Dog Shampoo, shake, shampoo and rinse.
- Apple cider vinegar can damage your tooth enamel. You should drink it with a straw when possible and rinse out your mouth with water or brush your teeth after consuming.
- It can make a stomach ulcer worse. Stay clear of apple cider vinegar if you have a stomach ulcer or if you suspect you might have one.
- Apple cider vinegar may interact with prescription medication. It is always a good rule not to take a natural health remedy within a couple of hours of taking prescription medication until you know if there could be an interaction. You should also make sure that if you are taking more than one prescription medication at the same time that they don’t interact with each other.
Simple food recipes to help consume Apple Cider Vinegar in your daily routine:
- Apple Cider as Salad Dressing – Replace your usual vinegar with apple cider vinegar when your menu requires acidity. Apple cider vinegar contributes flavor and tasteful coating; you can try this with your fresh vegetable salads. Just simply whisk along apple cider vinegar with your selected grounded spices like fresh garlic, black pepper, olive oil together with a sprinkle of salt and cumin. Put over your favorite fruit or vegetables, like broccoli, asparagus, zucchini or cabbage. But, for people who finds it difficult to consume green vegetables you can try combining this with steamed carrots, cauliflower, etc. Also creating a tomato, cucumber and basil salad with this mixture.
- Apple Cider as a Sauce – Apple cider vinegar provides you with a fabulous sauce to your main dish. You possibly could add ACV as a sauce to your organic and natural fresh fruit dessert. By smashing up ones favorite fruit like blueberries and other berries as well as mixing it with honey, a few drops of vanilla along with your all time favorite apple cider vinegar. Then, combine it into your preferred delightful fresh fruits like pineapple, blueberries, peaches or perhaps raspberries. Prime it with some pleasing whipped cream and also with the apple cider vinegar sauce.
- Apple Cider as Marinade – You can use apple cider vinegar as marinades to make your organic grass-fed meat more flavor and marinaded meats become more tender. Rather than making use of wine selections or even various kinds of vinegar, take advantage of this apple cider vinegar with health benefits by combining with your favorite spices, such as smashed garlic, organic olive oil and others, along with a little bit of organic honey and using it ton pork, chicken, beef or fish marinade to rise up the taste after cooking it through grilling, frying or steaming.
- Apple Cider Popcorn – Fill a clean spray bottle with apple cider vinegar and spray it on top of your air-popped popcorn. It is a healthy snack that satisfies your craving for potato chips. I love this snack
- Apple Cider Tea – Mix 1 tablespoon of organic raw honey in hot water with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. This is how I take my apple cider vinegar. I don’t appreciate drinking it in water. My husband loves drinking it in water; he said that is how he is able to drink water. I on the other hand drink ½ gallon to a gallon of water a day. Just plain clean water.
Follow us on Google +