Benefits of Avocado Oil
- Good for many skin types including skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, sensitive, irritated, severely dry, mature or aged skin.
- High in the following vitamins A, B1, B2, D, and E.
- Contains amino acids, beta carotene, pantothenic acid, sterols, lecithin, and other essential fatty acids.
- Deeply nourishing and soothing.
- Slightly thick consistency.
- Leaves a sticky, waxy feel on the skin especially when used in large areas.
- Dilute to a maximum of 10% of the blend due to its oily residue. Typically mixed with other carrier oils but included in a lot of blends to enrich protein and vitamin.
- Great shelf life. Avocado oil is very stable and will last at least a year if refrigerated after opening.
Avocado oil is excellent carrier oil for skin that require particular care, or those that have mature skin. This oil rehydrates and nourishes damaged sun-dried skin.
Avocado oil is extremely thick and sticky and is considered high in oleic acid. This implies that it is high in nutrients that soothe and nourish dry, damaged skin. It is also considered to be an anti-aging oil. The oil of an avocado can penetrate your skin using its thin consistency but is still able to serve as a protective barrier on the skin.
Avocado oil is high in sterolins and sterols. Sterolin is extremely moisturizing to the skin and helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Avocado oil also contains Vitamin A, D and E which is effective in fostering collagen production as well as in treating age spots. With its advanced level of vitamin E, avocado oil can be beneficial on cracked skin and may reduce itching as well as inflammation of the epidermis.
Blending Avocado oil with Essential Oils
Avocado Carrier Oil Mixture:
10% Avocado Oil
90% Sweet Almond Oil or Jojoba Oil
Blending Essential Oils:
Body Massage Oil: 40-60 drops of essential oil to about 4 ounces of Avocado Carrier Oil Mixture.
Everyday Home Use: 10-20 drops of essential oils with 1 ounce of Avocado Carrier Oil Mixture.
Therapeutic: 25-30 drops of essential oil to about 1/2 oz of Avocado Carrier Oil Mixture.
- Therapeutic blends are normally used to address a specific health issue and is not used long-term.
- Some Essential Oils need fewer drops due to their high potency.
Follow us on Google +