Benefits of FLAXSEED OIL
- Good for skin disorders: Psoriasis, eczema, damaged, and helps fights the effects of aging.
- Rich source of gamma linoleic acid (GLA), alpha-linoleic acids (ALAs), vitamin E, vitamin B, minerals, magnesium, fiber and protein.
- Good for preventing scarring and stretchmarks.
- Soothes inflammation.
- Nourishes hair.
- Leaves a very oily residue on the skin.
- Dilute to a maximum of 10% of the blend due to its oily residue.
- Good shelf life (up to a year) if refrigerated after opening.
Flaxseed Oil is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. It can be taken internally and externally to help the skin. Flaxseed oil is produced from the seeds of a blue flowering flax plant that often grows on Canada’s western prairies. Besides, Flaxseed Oil having a rich supply of omega-3 fatty acids, Flaxseed Oil also includes omega 6, omega- 9, B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, fiber and protein.
It is added to other carrier oils, creams and lotions as a way to add skin strengthening properties. If regularly used, it will help prevent stretch marks and scarring. It is also an anti-inflammatory used to relieve osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Flaxseed Oil is an emollient extremely high in essential fatty acids. It contains 50 – 60% omega-3 fatty acids in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which is more than the amount in fish oil. The result from this is younger looking skin. Flaxseed oil also contains vitamin E, vitamin B and minerals. The nutrients in Flaxseed Oil may also be used to nourish the hair.
Blending Flaxseed Oil with Essential Oils
Flaxseed Carrier Oil Mixture:
- 10% Flaxseed Oil
- 90% Sweet Almond Oil or Jojoba Oil
Blending Essential Oils:
Body Massage Oil: 40-60 drops of essential oil to about 4 ounces of Flaxseed Carrier Oil Mixture.
Everyday Home Use: 10-20 drops of essential oils with 1 ounce of Flaxseed Carrier Oil Mixture.
Therapeutic: 25-30 drops of essential oil to about 1/2 oz of Flaxseed Carrier Oil Mixture.
- Therapeutic blends are normally used to address a specific health issue and is not used long-term.
- Some Essential Oils need fewer drops due to their high potency.
Follow us on Google +