JOJOBA OIL: The preferred Carrier for Essential Oils
- Good for all skin types: From dry or mature to oily, acne-prone skin.
- Heals acne, warts and mouth sores.
- Rich in B-complex Vitamins, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, minerals silicon, chromium, copper, zinc and high in iodine.
- Deeply moisturizing to help with dry, chapped, and cracked skin.
- Reduces the appearance of pores over time.
- Reduces superficial wrinkles and stretch marks.
- Carrier oil with the closest properties to the skin’s natural oils; helps to balance skin’s oil production.
- Anti-inflammatory and an anti-oxidant.
- Does not clog pores.
- Used frequently in facial products, cosmetics and lotions.
- Great for athlete’s foot
- Hair Treatment: Great for dry, damaged and over-processed hair, scalp repair, dandruff, hair loss, cradle cap, controls frizz and removes build up around hair follicles.
- Does not leave a greasy feeling on the skin.
- Absorbed easily into the skin.
- Pleasant, soft odor.
- Excellent shelf life. It is high stable and is often used to prolong the shelf life of other carrier oils.
Jojoba Oil is one of the most popular carrier oils, but it actually isn’t an oil it is a liquid wax. This oil is the least oily carrier oil and is the most suitable choice to use as a base for essential oils perfumes. Jojoba is an incredibly stable, resilient material, and will not easily deteriorate or turn rancid because it consists of wax esters.
Jojoba Oil is often added to other carrier oils in order to prolong the shelf lives and has become a common oil in the aromatherapy industries because of it is exceptional skin care properties.
This amazing oil closely resembles sebum, a natural moisturizing factor NMFs of the skin. The role of NMFs is to maintain skin hydration that decreases with age. Products that are NMFs will help attract moisture from the environment drawing it into the skin. Using an NMF helps prevent dry cracking skin, helps irritated skin, increases elasticity, promotes skin repair and regeneration. It is rich in vitamin E, resulting in a glowing complexion. Jojoba oil contains Vitamin C, E and B complex, cobalt, copper, iodine, sulfur and zinc. It consists of a rather high percentage of iodine, which makes jojoba oil one of the most powerful natural healers.
Jojoba oil is great for all skin types. Similar to grapeseed oil, it is not a nut oil so very acceptable for anyone with sensitive skin. It does not clog the pores or aggravate acne.
With regular use, it will begin to minimize fine lines and wrinkles, decreases pore size, reduce stretch marks and enhance skins suppleness.
Because of its deeply moisturizing qualities Jojoba oil can be massaged into the scalp and applied to the hair to prevent dandruff and dryness. It also removes build up around the hair follicles. It is great to use as a hot or cold oil treatment for over-processed hair. It can also be used as a leave-on treatment, simply apply a dime-size amount in the palm of your hand and spread equally on damp hair. It also helps treat eczema, psoriasis, cradle cap in infants, is exceptional for general hair and scalp repair.
The oil is comprised of myristic acid that has anti-inflammatory effects, helpful when combining a blend for rheumatism and arthritis. It can also be used as a treatment for sores, wounds, bruises, sunburn, warts, mouth sores, cuts and athlete’s foot. It is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal helping to destroy many common skin bacterias.
Jojoba may go cloudy in cool temperatures and will return its clear state with heat. That is natural as Phospholipids (natural elements of the majority of vegetable oils) hydrate and precipitate out of suspension.
Blending JoJoba Oil with Essential Oils
Body Massage Oil: 40-60 drops of essential oil to about 4 ounces of Jojoba Oil..
Everyday Home Use: 10-20 drops of essential oils with 1 ounce of Jojoba Oil..
Therapeutic: 25-30 drops of essential oil to about 1/2 oz of Jojoba Oil.
- Therapeutic blends are normally used to address a specific health issue and is not used long-term.
- Some Essential Oils need fewer drops due to their high potency.
Follow us on Google +