You cannot beat beet juice! My husband and father-in-law experimented with taking their blood pressure a few times a day and testing alternative health remedies. The remedy that worked the best for them was juicing beetroots. They would take their blood pressure before and after consuming beet juice. To their surprise, it lowered it into the normal range and best of all it stayed that way until they drank their next glass of beet juice the next day. We all know to obtain healthy blood pressure we must reduce stress, exercise and to consume healthy food. One of the best methods to incorporate healthy food into your life is to juice organic fruits and vegetables. Juicing allows your body to absorb more vitamins and minerals effortlessly, and it allows you to consume more than you could ever eat.
Understanding Blood Pressure:
The normal reading for an adult is; (systolic) 90-120 / (diastolic) 60-80 and the optimal blood pressure reading is 120/ 80. If your blood pressure is above the optimal reading then it is unsafe and can wreak havoc on your health and likely cause heart diseases. When blood pressure is high individuals normally experience headaches (especially at the back of the head and during the morning), feeling light-headed, vertigo, tinnitus (buzzing or hissing in the ears) and altered vision or fainting.
High blood pressure will damage the walls of your arteries. When blood pressure is too high moving through the arteries it causes microscopic tears that will lead to scar tissue. Scar tissue from the damaged arteries traps fat, cholesterol and toxins (referred to as plaque) inside the small tears.
The plaque continues to build it creates a smaller path and the pressure increasingly builds causing the heart to work harder and can cause coronary artery disease (CAD) or peripheral artery disease (PAD). There are several blood pressure classifications for adults, from hypo-tension, normal, pre-hypertension, stage one hypertension, stage two hypertension and hypertensive emergency. Persistent hypertension can lead to stroke, blood clots, damage to other organs, heart attack, heart failure and blood vessel aneurysms, and is the leading cause of incessant renal failure.
What Causes High Blood Pressure?
Several contributing factors can lead to high blood pressure.
- Heart defects
- Being overweight or obese
- Lack of physical activity
- Too much salt consumption in diet
- Consumption of too much alcohol
- Hormonal disorders – adrenal/ thyroid disorders
- Chronic kidney disease
- Family history of high blood pressure
- Aging (specially over 35 years old)
Healthy Lifestyle Recommendations to Prevent High Blood Pressure:
Do you have high blood pressure and are concerned with taking prescription medication then the following lifestyle changes can help you reduce it naturally. Follow these vital steps to lower your blood pressure and create a healthier you.
- Maintain a normal body weight – Blood pressure elevates when your weight increases. Set your own small goals to achieve weight loss, try not to get discouraged or overwhelmed with trying to lose a large number of weight. If you set small goals, you will stay motivated with each goal achievement. Many of us underestimate how many calories we consume, it is crucial to keep a weight loss journal. It is time consuming and can be a burden, but it does work
- Engage in a regular physical activity – Just get up and move. Pro-create an activity that can make you happy as well, such as dancing, cycling, swimming, playing sports like badminton, tennis, basketball or volleyball, or even walking with your dog or loved ones for an hour every day. It will not only help you lose weight it can also be a stress reliever. My son and I have bouncy ball hoppers, we hop around the yard trying to catch each other with the dog chasing us; it is great fun and an incredible workout.
- Eliminate bad habits – Try to change your bad habits. Eliminate one at a time so you will not feel overwhelmed. Some bad habits that contribute to high blood pressure are smoking, consuming too much alcohol and eating a diet consisting of high processed foods. You can slowly decrease one of these bad habits and switch it with a daily dose of green juicing, carrot juice or a nice homemade smoothie. The healthier you eat the more you will want to quit.
- Minimize dietary sodium intake – Eliminate processed foods and use salt-free alternatives such as organic seasonings, herbs and spices.
- And Lastly, Consume a diet rich from fruits and vegetables – The daily recommendation for fruits and vegetables is five servings a day. If you juice them, you can absorb all those essential nutrients, antioxidants and phytonutrients you’re your organic produce directly into your bloodstreams, which will help prevent high blood pressure. Phytonutrients are important to absorb because researchers have discovered they protect cells from damage and help fight disease. Phytonutrients can help prevent Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, cancer, allergies, asthma, diabetes, digestive system diseases, angina, myocardial infarction and numerous other diseases.
Why can’t I just eat my food?
You can get the same benefits from eating your produce, but you will have to eat a lot more to get the same absorption benefits that juicing provides. In addition to the absorption issue, it is difficult for most adults to consume their daily-required serving. Juicing and making smoothies allows you to consume more vegetables than you can eat on a daily basis
There are plenty of varieties from fruits and vegetables that can help prevent high blood pressure such as broccoli, celery, cucumber, orange, lemon, pepper, spinach, pears and beetroot. High blood pressure can happen to anyone, especially those who are not conscious about his or her health. As mentioned above both my husband and my father-in-law have high blood pressure. They were already cognizant about juicing and tried several alternate health remedies, yet the most effective was juicing beetroot juice. Beetroot holds supplements with 100% phytonutrients to help lowers blood pressure. It also enhances red blood cell production, brings down the danger of heart strokes and heart attacks, enhances lipid metabolism, detoxifies the digestive system, and it purges out cholesterol plaques in the veins. This article http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/benefits-beet-juice from Dr. Oz states that beetroot juice can lower blood pressure, protect the liver, increase stamina and improve blood flow. Juicing as little as one beetroot a day can fundamentally decreases blood pressure. Indeed Beetroot Juice, Beats High Blood Pressure!
Effective Juice Recipes to Prevent High Blood Pressure:
- Beet Root – 1 beet (3” diameter – 175g)
- Apples – 2 medium (364g)
- Carrots – 4 medium (244g)
- Celery – 3 stalk, large (192g)
- Cucumber – 1/2 cucumber (150.5g)
- Ginger Root – 1/2 thumb (12g)
- Beet Root – 1 beet (175g)
- Apple – 1 medium (182g)
- Carrots – 12 medium (732g)
- Lemon – 1/2 fruit (42g)
- Oranges (peeled) – 2 fruit (262g)
Sweet Pepper Juice
- Apples – 2 medium (364g)
- Cilantro – 1 bunch (92g)
- Cucumbers – 2 cucumber ( 602g)
- Lime (with rind) – 1/2 fruit (33.5g)
- Green Pepper (seeds removed) – 1/2 medium (59.5g)
Vert French Juice
- Apples – 2 medium (3″ dia) 364g
- Celery – 4 stalk, large (11″-12″ long) 256g
- Cucumber – 1 cucumber (8-1/4″) 301g
- Ginger Root – 1 thumb (1″ dia) 24g
- Kale – 6 leaf (8-12″) 210g
- Lemon – 1/2 fruit (2-3/8″ dia) 42g
* If your blood pressure is elevated then you should first consult your doctor. Please refer to the chart above if you blood pressure is in the range of hypertensive emergency you must take immediate action for medical care.
Credits: “Photo by markuso at FreeDigitalPhotos.net”
Follow us on Google +