Benefits of MACADAMIA NUT OIL:
- Macadamia nut oil restores the palmitoleic acid (which decreases with age) and promotes young soft skin. Keeps skin youthful by decreasing the speed of the skin’s deterioration, discouraging wrinkle formation and helps tighten the skin.
- It is high in essential fatty acids, omega 3 (ALA) Alpha Linoleic acid, omega 6 fatty acids, and Oleic acid.
- This oil contains phytosterols that are the building block of our cell membrane.
- Helps with healing scars and sunburns.
- Thicker consistency than the typical carrier oils.
- Absorbs quickly into the skin leaving a slight film on the skin but does not leave an oily feeling.
- Does not clog pores.
- Very little scent.
- Great shelf life of (1-2 years) if refrigerated after opening.
Macadamia nut oil comes from the Macadamia nut tree which is native to Australia. It also grows in South America as well as the more temperate climates Of the United States. It is grown in California and has been grown in Hawaii for almost 100 years.
Macadamia nuts have been a major part the Australia and Aborigines diets. They are nutrient-rich with high quantities of heart-healthy selenium, zinc and fatty acids that trigger your body to burn fat more efficiently.
Macadamia nuts oil contains up to 23% of Palmitoleic Fatty Acids, which is one of the highest sources of this acid. Palmitoleic Acid does wonders with delaying the aging of skin and cells in the body. As we get older, palmitoleic acid will eventually become depleted, and that is when you will see rapid aging unless you use a product that contains this acid. By utilizing macadamia oil, you decrease the speed of deterioration of your skin while maintaining your skin tautness, and you can restore your skin’s palmitoleic acid levels and discouraging wrinkle formation.
Macadamia nut oil is a nutrient-dense oil that contains antioxidants and essential fatty acids which will protect your skin. This oil can also promote healing following sunburn or other kinds of skin damage. As an additional consideration, macadamia oil mimics the natural oils of your skin, making it a perfect match for keeping your glow.
Macadamia Nut Oil is a rather light oil with a neutral scent and also has a considerably extended shelf life (up to two years). Although the oil is moderately thick and feels oily to the touch, it is easily absorbed into the top layers of the skin.
Blending Macadamia Nut with Essential Oils
Body Massage Oil: 40-60 drops of essential oil to about 4 ounces of Macadamia Nut Oil.
Everyday Home Use: 10-20 drops of essential oils with 1 ounce of Macadamia Nut Oil.
Therapeutic: 25-30 drops of essential oil to about 1/2 oz of Macadamia Nut Oil.
- Therapeutic blends are normally used to address a specific health issue and is not used long-term.
- Some Essential Oils need fewer drops due to their high potency.
Follow us on Google +