Benefits of OLIVE OIL
- Frequently used as a carrier oil for eczema, psoriasis, delicate, sensitive, dry and aging skin.
- Used as a safe (non-toxic) healthy moisturizers for babies.
- Affordable, readily available (check your grocery store.)
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- Contains Vitamin E and alpha-linolenic acid.
- Some people find the odor strong. This is personal preference; I do not mind the smell. You can combine it with other oils.
- Has a slight sticky feel on the skin.
- Shelf life at least 1 year if refrigerated after opening.
In Ancient Rome, Olive Oil was used in place of soap by the Elite. Affluent individuals would go to bathing complexes several times a week and sit in steam rooms, soak in hot baths and apply liberal amounts of olive oil to the skin and scape it off. The olive oil was used as a detoxifying treatment on the entire body and was also used as an anti-aging treatment.
Have you ever thought about applying your cooking oil (Olive Oil) to your skin? Olive oil can be an essential part of your makeup bag and your nightly and daily beauty routine. After reading about Olive Oils benefits, you might want to keep a bottle in your bathroom cabinet.
Olive Oil is rich in Vitamin E and will make you look younger. The combination of healthful fats, Vitamin E, and Vitamin A will moisturize and plump up your skin leaving it feeling soft and supple. You can apply Olive Oil directly to your skin or add a few drops to your favorite moisturizer to increase the effectiveness.
Olive oil is an excellent moisturizer for areas of your skin that tend to become extremely dry. Applying olive oil to elbows and knees will help keep them moisturized and younger looking. Most people do not notice how old their elbows and knees are until one day they catch a glimpse in the mirror and realize how old they look.
Olive Oil can be used to remove eye makeup, waterproof mascara and difficult to remove lipstick. To remove eye makeup, and mascara simply apply olive oil on a cotton ball and glide it across the area, it is extremely gentle on eyes. In addition, some store bought makeup removers can contain unnatural ingredients. I also create a lip scrub mixing olive oil and raw sugar to remove “hard-to-remove” lipstick. After you use the olive oil and sugar scrub, your lips will be soft and look younger.
Olive oil is also very beneficial for dry, itchy and inflamed skin. It soothes and repairs irritated skin associated with eczema and psoriasis.
Free radicals, pollution and sunlight, all can take a toll on your skin. A 2007 study in the “The Journal of Pathology” conducted by dermatologist Leslie Baumann found that Vitamin E was successful in fighting free radicals, photo-aging, and sun damage and kept the skin looking younger. Use olive oil directly on damaged or sunburned skin to repair and preserve a youthful look and decrease the toll free radicals takes in your skin.
Blending Olive Oil with Essential Oils
Body Massage Oil: 40-60 drops of essential oil to about 4 ounces of Olive Oil.
Everyday Home Use: 10-20 drops of essential oils with 1 ounce of Olive Oil.
Therapeutic: 25-30 drops of essential oil to about 1/2 oz of Olive Oil.
- Therapeutic blends are normally used to address a specific health issue and is not used long-term.
- Some Essential Oils need fewer drops due to their high potency.
Follow us on Google +