Sea Buckthorn Oil
- Incredible for dry, itchy, irritated, weathered or sunburned skin.
- High in antioxidants, fatty acids, Vitamin A, C and E, lipids, and palmitoleic acids that regenerate the connective tissue of the skin.
- Used to treat wounds, burns and sunburn, scars, stretch marks and wrinkles.
- Reduces redness and rosacea on the face because it contains beta carotene and phytosterols.
- Known to protect against UV rays. Great for fighting free radicals.
- Reputed among the most health-promoting herbal oils because of its natural antioxidants.
- Strong musky scent
- Dilute to a maximum of 10% of the recipe.
- Shelf life six months – 1 year. Store at room temperature.
- Do not use undiluted: Could irritate and stain skin and clothing.
Sea buckthorn oil comes from species of thorny shrubs that grow along the coastline of Europe and Asia. It is very commonly used in folk medicine. Sea buckthorn oil is high in fatty acid, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral properties and contains a wealth of nutrients. It is very popular in the health community and is considered one of the most health-promoting herbal oils today. It is deemed to be high in antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties that help promote total body wellness.
Sea Buckthorn Oil for Skin Issues:
Sea buckthorn oil can be taken both orally and applied topically. This amazing oil is incredible for dry, itchy, irritated and weathered skin. It also promotes hydration, elasticity, and skin regeneration. Sea buckthorn oil is high in antioxidants, Vitamin A, C and E, lipids, fatty acids and palmitoleic acids that regenerate the connective tissue of the skin. It is used to treat wounds, scars, burns, sunburn, stretch marks and wrinkles.
Sea buckthorn oil is beneficial for rosacea, which is a chronic inflammatory condition that causes small red bumps on the face. It is also known to support the mucous membrane tissues in the eyes, mouth, digestive system, and vagina.
Sea Buckthorn Oil for Acne:
Acne is not caused by one issue, there are several factors that can cause acne, one cause is a disorder of the pilosebaceous unit. The pilosebaceous unit encompasses the hair follicle, the hair shaft and the sebaceous gland. The sebaceous gland makes sebum. Acne is often caused when there is excess sebum production, which is caused by hormonal changes of puberty. Another acne issue is Propionibacterium acne caused by bacteria that resides in the skin and feeds on sebum. The immune system attacks the additional bacteria which causes inflammation of the pilosebaceous unit.
Sea buckthorn oil is a strong oil that is normally too harsh for sensitive skin, therefore always diluted with another carrier oil. If you are allergic to Sea buckthorn oil it, can lead to reddening and swelling of the skin.
Blending Sea Buckthorn Oil with Essential Oils
Sea Buckthorn Carrier Oil Mixture:
10% Sea Buckthorn Oil
90% Sweet Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil or Jojoba Oil
Blending Essential Oils:
Body Massage Oil: 40-60 drops of essential oil to about 4 ounces of Sea Buckthorn Carrier Oil Mixture.
Everyday Home Use: 10-20 drops of essential oils with 1 ounce of Sea Buckthorn Carrier Oil Mixture.
Therapeutic: 25-30 drops of essential oil to about 1/2 oz of Sea Buckthorn Carrier Oil Mixture.
- Therapeutic blends are normally used to address a specific health issue and is not used long-term.
- Some Essential Oils need fewer drops due to their high potency.
Follow us on Google +